Friday, April 8, 2011

Engaged Thursday

Engaged my Thursday classes in active discussion about their papers, set the stage to enable similar discussion on an online medium in Google Docs to begin this weekend. Took their temperatures on the upcoming experience. They are anxious and insecure about what they “have to do.”  I presented it as a read and respond activity. I’m aiming to see what they retain from classroom discussions. Can they express it? Will they express it on Google Docs? I’m going to start with a simple call and response regimen. Mostly, I aim to ask what they thought of various things and slowly work into how they understood other things/concepts I’ve talked about and activities they’ve done in class. I’m hoping to engage them in that and work them up to discussing things among themselves on the online forum. I hope to use the semi-anonymous status of the web commenting to have this online experience serve them. I wonder if I should hide their identification from one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment